Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Current Knitting

I designed a baby blanket for the Knit Picks program and am working on knitting up a sample. The yarn I'm using is Knit Picks Swish Tonal in the Springtime colorway (LOVE this color!) and this project seems to be going FAST! I'm used to fingering yarn on size 2 needles and now I'm using worsted weight yarn on size 8.

Yes, it look a bit like a bag right now, but that's because of the circular needle it's being knit on - when it's flat out it will be square!
Link

I started a project just for me this week using the yarn I just got from the Michigan Fiber Festival. The colors aren't quite true in this picture - the red is a bit more salmon, and the blues are more turquoise, navy and purple. the socks have a braided cable running down the outside edge - similar placement to my Winding Road Socks. It's a fun project to work on - enough detail to keep it interesting, but simple enough to work on while watching movie or having a conversation.



No comments:

Post a Comment