Sunday, January 15, 2012

Snow and new sweaters

After all of December and a third of January with mild temps (I washed my car with a hose last week!) and virtually no snow, winter has arrived. A foot of snow in the last few days and temps in the low teens last night (brr!)

The dogs love it - snow really seems to energize them. And running through it wears them down quicker too - for now. In the long run it just build endurance! I love it too because I'm taking a skiing class this semester ant it would be a bit hard to ski without snow.

In knitting news, I sent two proposals to Knit Picks a week and a half ago. Now waiting to see what they say. In the mean time, I finished up the Abalone Sweater I've been working on since the fall and I've started a basic top down raglan sweater based loosely on this design. I'm using a brown/tan colorway of Aruacania Ranco sock yarn for this latest project. I'm hoping that the end result will be a classic, simple casual sweater. The goal is to have it done by the end of February so I can still wear it this season

No comments:

Post a Comment