Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Goals for this year

I'm not big on the whole resolution thing because you either do it or you feel guilty about breaking them and fall back into the rut you were in.

But I do like goals. Even if you goof up or get sidetracked, you can refocus and get back on track! And goals give you something to aim for.

So my goals in 2012

In general -
-Finish my degree. It's only an Associates, but I'm so looking forward to reaching that milestone! I've been doing the part time school/part time work for a few years now and am really looking forward to finally having that step done!

-Become more organized. Yes, it's vague. I will become more specific as I start to make headway!

With the dogs -
-I want both of them to reach the level of useful farm dogs with the sheep.

-Pass SAR certification testing with Kenzi

- Work on more stupid pet tricks with both of them. I love that sort of thing because there's nothing like breaking down a pet trick to figure out how to really teach a skill to a dog.

With my knitting -

- develop and write 10 more patterns

- knit a sweater for me!

- finish or frog my UFOs (unfinished objects for all of you non- knitters)

So what are your goals for 2012?

1 comment:

  1. I'm also planning to be more organized in 2012. Last year was an exercise in staying just ahead of the project/paper/list snowball, and for twelve months I felt like Lucy in the candy factory with a mouth full of chocolate.

    This year could be different!

    ReplyDelete