Thursday, July 7, 2011



Since my blog is K-9 Knitter, perhaps I should say something about knitting....

I was figuring out what I've knit so far this year and I was rather impressed by the list - 6 (or maybe 7) pairs of socks, 2 scarves, 2 hats and a pair of fingerless mitts. I've also worked on a sweater and a shawl, but those are hibernating at the moment. I've also done a bit of pattern planning knitting - where I take my yarn and just start knitting until it looks like the idea in my head!

Most of these have been knit up as pattern samples (or in pattern development) for Knit Picks. It really is an efficient way to knit - figure out the pattern, send in the proposal, they send you the yarn and you knit away. The only downside is that at this rate, I'll never use up my stash - or even make a dent in it. Of course the upside is that this is great for my yarn budget!

And here is a picture of my latest pattern sample - Picket Fence Lace Anklets. They are a really fun, quick knit with a lace pattern that is easy to memorize! The sample is knit in Knit Picks Stroll Tonal - colorway "Blue Yonder". A link to the pattern is coming soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment